Apparently DJ Zinhle, AKA’s one-time rush and the mother of his daughter Kairo, is a winner not only on turntables but in fashion world as well. The eminent DJ, who recently admitted she and the SupaMega were so good together, has just been crowned the “Most Stylish” Performing Artist in Music by South Africa Style Awards.
In arriving at the decision, Terry Pheto, one of the judges of the South Africa Style Awards, had said that they were looking not just at those who look good in pictures but those making big moves in their careers.
The South Africa Style Awards, which honours individual in 12 categories, has been in operation for over two decades. Arriving at the decision of who wins and who doesn’t was done in love, the judges said, and took about eight hours.
In the end DJ and a host of others were triumphant. A win will certainly encourage DJ Zinhle to push her fashion and style game a notch higher. That is the way to go.
The other winners of the South Africa Style Awards include:
- Karabo Poppy Moletsane (Next Big Thing)
- Billie Zangewa (Most Stylish South African Icon)
- Rich Mnisi (Most Stylish Fashion Designer)
- Gregor Jenkin (Most Stylish Designer)
- Ansolet Rossouw (Most Stylish Model)
- Linda Mtoba (Most Stylish Performing Artist in Film)
- Sho Madjozi (Most Innovative Style)
- Nandi Madida and Zakhele Madida (Most Stylish Couple)
If you were to be the judges, who and who would you have nominated? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section.