Boitumelo “Boity” Thulo made her rap debut this year with the track “Wuz Dat,” featuring Tall Racks Records boss Nasty C. The song earned her a nomination at the South African Hip Hop Awards (SAHHA) this year.
Many were perplexed by her nomination, citing that she had been in the industry only a short time. Others thought she was just a newbie and shouldn’t be on the nominee list. Boity, who is set to make her coke studio debut, had brushed aside such opposition.
Those who still had doubts about her rap skills had second thoughts when she performed a new song of hers at the award ceremony of the #SAHHA2018 at Gold Reef City. She gave such a splendid performance she got the crowd grooving.
It was a day of wins and a day of losses. “Vur Vai” mastermind Kwesta, who recently brought American rapper Rick Ross to South Africa, led the pack of winners with six pyramids.
Below is the full list of winners:
- Best Collabo – Kwesta for “Spirit” featuring Wale
- Best Freshman – Ushun Wenkabi
- Lyricist of the Year – Stogie T
- Producer of the Year – Gemini Major
- Honorary Award – Outrageous Records
- Best Video – Kwesta for “Spirit” featuring Wale
- Best International Brand – Castle Lite
- Best Local Brand – S God
- Best Radio Show – Motsweding FM
- Ubuntu Activism Award – Aewon Wolf
- Best Graffiti – DBongz
- Best Dance Crew – Survivors Dance Crew
- Best Remix – Zakwe for “Sebentin (Remix)“
- Promoter of the Year – Pop Bottles
- Hustler of the Year – Kwesta
- Mixtape of the Year – Stogie T for “Honey and Pain EP“
- Milestone Award – Cassper Nyovest for “Fill Up FNB“
- Album of the Year – Nasty C for “Strings N Bling”
What do you make of the list of winners? Share your thoughts in the comment section.