Sony Music Entertainment Africa have signed accomplished East African singer-songwriter and musician Alikiba to a global recording agreement. Alikiba and the Sony Music Entertainment team inked the deal during an exclusive, global media audience session at the Sony Music Entertainment Sub Saharan Africa Head Offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and will see the Tanzanian recording artist release his highly anticipated sophomore album later this year.
Alikiba is a superstar across East Africa and vast parts of the African continent as ‘The King of Bongo Flava’ and his hashtag #KingKiba is a weekly trend across various African countries and has been for the past few years without any signs of slowing down. Alikiba is the only artist in East Africa that has maintained a top 10 media trend profile over the past 2 years and he has a vast army of extremely passionate and loyal fans base ranging from every day people to the Ministers and Presidents of countries.
Sean Watson, Managing Director of Sony Music Entertainment Africa says of the development: “Sony Music Entertainment recently announced several key strategic steps that we’d taken in Africa including new operations in Nigeria and the signing of high profile West African artists. We also mentioned that we’d be making similar inroads in East Africa. Well here we are, at the dawn of our East African journey and who better to start it with than an artist of the stature of Alikiba. We’re very proud of being able to partner with such a talented individual and can’t wait to get started on sharing his music with his fans all over the world.”
“My partnership with Sony Music in addition to my already very successful partnership with my management team at ROCKSTAR4000 now completes the team, and solidifies the most powerful proposition and team to take my music to even greater heights, to new audiences and fans across borders and across the world. I’m really excited in the future of music from the African continent as its now the time for the amazing music and sounds from Africa to take over the world, and I’m excited on where this amazing partnership will be able to take my music now to fans across the continent and across the planet. ” Alikiba commented.
Paul Thackwray, Marketing Director for Sony Music Entertainment Africa added, “Amplifying Alikiba’s already significant digital footprint, extending the reputation and impact of this great East African artist career via his music content across the continent and into the world, is a truly exciting opportunity for us“.
“We are very passionate and close to Alikiba and his amazing talent, we are very excited about his future and there is no stopping his chart success, his music, his commitment and passion and without doubt no better partner that mirrors these values and objectives than the amazing team at Sony Music” added Christine ‘Seven’ Mosha, Head of Talent and Music at ROCKSTAR4000.
His first single, “AJE”, will be released through Sony Music Entertainment Africa. Watch the video here:
Follow Alikiba at:
Instagram — @OfficialAlikiba
Twitter — @OfficialAlikiba
Facebook — @OfficialAlikiba
SnapChat — OfficialAlikiba
Hitvibes’ Top 10 Hottest Tracks (July)
In the space of four weeks, a lot has gone down in Mzansi, ranging from music to drama, politics and everything in between.
The golden prize remains on entertainment, as the joy givers did their best to settle scores on the decks and mics throughout the entire month.
What an entire season without some controversy, and serving it hot, we had the likes of Cassper Nyovest taking over, with their knock out issues.
Warming the fronts for good news, a couple of new acts also debuted this month, as we had Nkulee 501, while SOS continued in his quest to dominate.
For this month, while some recorded lows, others had major wins, with their tracks dominating the viral space, taking the trend tables on social media.
On this platform, here are the top 10 tracks that rocked the stage. If you are yet to get familiar with any of the hits, this is a perfect time.
- Busta 929 – Beke Le Beke Ft. Zuma
- Kelvin Momo – Rows Ft. Blissful Sax
- Kabza De Small – Whistle (Amapiano) Ft. Mhaw Keys
- Kabza De Small – Batlao Hurda Ft. Lady Du, Young Stunna & Mr JazziQ
- Mdu TRP, DBN Gogo, Mellow, Sleazy & Mr Jazziq – Sho
- Ntokzin – Sodlala Ft. Sir Trill & Boohle
- De Mthuda – Baleka (Vocal Groove) Ft. Sam Deep & Young Stunna
- Busta 929 & Mpura – Ama Wazawaza Ft. Boohle
- Busta 929, Focalistic, Lady Du & Boohle – MALETSATSI
- Boohle & Sir Trill – Uthando Lwami (Uzozisola) Ft. Kabza De Small
Listen, stream and download. Don’t forget to drop your comments in the section below.
Ntokzin Postpones The Release Date Of His ‘Black Duke Album’
Just when we thought the main deal was closer than imagined, Ntokzin has announced the sudden postponement of his anticipated “Black Duke Album.”
The project was expected to be released on the 30th of July, 2021; this weekend, but according to the Yanos music hitmaker, it will be postponed till the 13th of August, this year.
In his statement on social media, he mentioned; “I regret to tell you that Black Duke album release date will be moved to the 13th of August due to changes we want to make on this album. Sorry for any inconvenience.”
Once again, the release is stalled, and this might affect his rating in the game, but nevertheless, he possesses just the right amount of skill to cook up a turnaround when it’s finally released.
Busta 929 Unveils The ‘Undisputed Vol. 2’ Album Tracklist
After spending quite some time learning from the best, Busta decided to get on the journey all by himself, and this led to him manifesting heavily this year.
Things have been launched into another level as he has embarked on another quest to win the golden status with an upcoming project set to house 10 tracks on a platter with the addition of vocals from Lady Du, Zuma and others.
- Busta 929 – Yuri Boyka (Ft. Mgiftoz SA & Mpura)
- Busta 929 – Siyabulela (Ft. Mgiftoz SA)
- Busta 929 – Tobetsa (Main Mix)
- Busta 929 – Kokota (Ft. Madam_MC)
- Busta 929 – Mswipheni (Ft. Lady Du)
- Busta 929 – Mmapula (Ft. Mzu M)
- Busta 929 – Thixo Somandla (Main mix)
- Busta 929 – Gqoz Gqoz (Ft. Mafidzodzo)
- Busta 929 – Heartbreakers (Deeper Mix)
- Busta 929 – Beke Le Beke (Ft. Zuma)
The project would be down for the expected groove and grind by the 30th of July, 2021. Fingers remain crossed on that one.
Ntokzin Releases ‘Black Duke’ Album Tracklist
Ntokzin is well on his way to being crowned a king of his craft, and in that same energy he has teased with the tracklist of the upcoming “Black Duke Album.”
This might as well take over the buzz that has been received so far in the anticipation of the “Busiswe” album that the hitmaker announced its postponement as a result of a few challenges to make it right.
- Ntokzin – Dlala Ntokzin (feat. Sir Trill)
- Ntokzin – Pillow Talk (feat. Boohle)
- Ntokzin – Ngisize Mdali (feat. Boohle, The Majestiez & Moscow)
- Ntokzin – One Day (feat. 2KZA, Moscow, ShotGunFlava)
- Ntokzin – Umfazi Wami (feat. X-Mile)
- Ntokzin – Manimbona (feat. Just Bheki)
- Ntokzin – Khaya Layo (feat. Busi N)
- Ntokzin – Steven Seagal (feat. Sir Trill)
- Ntokzin – Poppy (feat. ShotGunFlava, El Kaydee, Shavula N & The Majestiez)
- Ntokzin – Inombolo (feat. Boohle)
- Ntokzin – Ovadoz (feat. Mdu aka TRP & Sir Trill)
- Ntokzin – Lotto (feat. ShotGunFlava)
- Ntokzin – Bana Ba Skolo (feat. Lady Du & Sir Trill)
- Ntokzin – Chesa (feat. ShotGunFlava)
- Ntokzin – Ngama Bom (feat. Kammu Dee, ShotGunFlava)
- Ntokzin – Iypoko (feat. Mr Miagi)
- Ntokzin – Better Days (feat. Sir Trill)
- Ntokzin – Mli eWrong (feat. Kammu Dee, ShotGunFlava)
- Ntokzin – Ngeke Balinge (feat. Shavula N, ShotGunFlava)
- Ntokzin – Sthandwa Sami (feat. Sir Trill & Boohle)
- Ntokzin – Kanti Yini (feat. Boohle & Ta Skipper)
According to the mastermind, fans are expected to receive this pack of goodness by the 30th of July, 2021.
Cassper Nyovest’s ‘Siyathandana’ Video Records 2 Million Views In First Week
Cassper Nyovest is currently all about celebrating his wins this time around, as he records 2 million views on the “Siyathandana” video.
This is coming in right on time, as he also gets set to launch his sneaker line, done in collaboration with his label, family tree.
The original entry was made perfect through the input of the super talented music producer, Abidoza and the sensational vocalist known as Boohle.
Just a week ago, he was also in high spirits with the release of the “Sweet And Short 2.0 Album” a follow up from the last one with the same title.
His alignment with the universe cannot be contested as the results have been evidently portrayed in diverse forms this season, despite his on and off appearances.
He is currently hoping for more wins from this record, but now, he is celebrating them as they come, retaining his title as one of the legends of SA mainstream music.