Prosecutors in Sweden have opened an assault case against A$AP Rocky weeks after his arrest and incarceration in Sweden and it’s getting real down there.
A$AP Rocky was first arrested on July 3rd and denied permission to leave the country after a man claimed he was assaulted by the music star. A video surfaced online that kind of proved his claims but the rapper released a video that showed them warning the man from following them.
It wasn’t clear before where the prosecutors were swinging as they had not expressed interest in charging him before because there was no conclusive proof but looks like that has changed as he has now been charged.
Announcing the commencement of the case, the prosecutor, Daniel Suneson said: “I have today commenced criminal proceedings against the three individuals suspected of assault causing actual bodily harm, having come to the conclusion that the events in question constitute a crime and despite claims of self-defence and provocation.”
Recall that sometime last week, reality TV star and businesswoman, Kim Kardashian had reached out to the President, Donald Trump asking him to please interfere in the matter and get the rapper released. Looks like that didn’t work though as they are moving forward with the case.
Explaining, the prosecutor said: “It is worth noting that I have had access to a greater amount of material than that which has previously been available on the internet. In addition to video material, the injured party’s statements have been supported by witness statements.”
The case is expected to be heard on July 30, August 1 and 2 and we will be sure to keep you posted about updates.