Multi-hyphenate Common has just released his 12th studio album ‘Let Love’.
The 11 tracks album, which was inspired by his best-selling memoir ‘Let Love Have the Last Word‘ dropped this Friday. It features artists including Jill Scott, Swizz Beatz, Daniel Caesar, BJ The Chicago Kid, A-Trak, Samora Pinderhughes and Leikeli47.
Talking about the project during an event in May, the rapper said that ‘Let Love Have the Last Word‘, a book that talked about his relationship struggles—both platonic and romantic, gave him inspiration for the album.
“The book was the seed that started me in this conversation. It’s not like each song will match a chapter. It’s just another form of expression of what I wanted to get out there. I believe that the energy of love and the act of love, the practice of it, is the thing that we can use as individuals and as people to overcome the heaviness of the times. When I say, ‘Let Love,’ I’m saying put love into practice. Allow love to be the law that we abide by”, he said.
“Let Love” is Common‘s first solo release since 2016’s “Black America Again“. The Oscar-winning rapper/actor’s teamed up with Robert Glasper and Karriem Riggins for ‘Greene LP‘ last year’s August.
‘Let Love’ Tracklist
1. Good Morning Love ft. Samora Pinderhughes
2. HER Love ft. Daniel Caesar
3. Dwele’s Interlude
4. Hercules ft. Swizz Beatz
5. Fifth Story ft. Leikeli47
6. Forever Your Love ft. BJ The Chicago Kid
7. Leaders (Crib Love) ft. A-Trak
8. Memories of Home ft. BJ The Chicago Kid & Samora Pinderhughes
9. Show Me That You Love ft. Jill Scott & Samora Pinderhughes
10. My Fancy Free Future Love
11. God Is Love ft. Leon Bridges & Jonathan McReynolds
Stream the song below.